At Desi Energy we're always committed to protecting the privacy and security of our customers personal information and data.
Because we are GDPR compliant there are specific obligations placed on us in the way we handle your information. The aim of this policy is to let you know what personal information we collect from you when you register your interest, when you visit our website and when you contact us, how we store and use your information, and how you can access and manage this information.
Here is a list of things we'll always do:
• Ensure your personal data is collected in a fair and lawful manner and used only for specified purposes.
• Ensure your captured personal data is adequate, relevant and not excessive for the purpose.
• Ensure your personal data is accurate and up-to date.
• Ensure we keep your personal data secure at all times.
• Ensure we keep your personal data no longer than is necessary and to dispose of it appropriately when it is no longer required.
• Take appropriate technical and organisational measures against unauthorised and unlawful processing accidental loss, destruction or damage to personal data.
• Only pass your personal data onto another organisation if we need to for the purposes of providing our products and services, or are required to by law or regulation. Before transferring any such data, we will check that the organisation has appropriate data protection policies.
How we use your Personal Information
We and our agents (companies we have contracted to assist in supplying your energy) may use your information and in certain circumstances disclose your personal information. We may do this for the following reasons which you agreed to allow us to do:
• Contact you for suggestions on how we can improve the way we operate, or about how we can improve any services and products we have provided before, now or in the future.
• Create statistics, run reports, analyse customer information, create profiles and create marketing opportunities.
• Provide you with the services you have asked for.
• Help detect and prevent fraud, debt and loss. We may give this information to a credit-reference or a debt collection agency. If you have an outstanding balance, we may transfer your debt to another organisation and give them details about you and that debt;
• We will monitor and record any communications we have with you, including telephone conversations, emails, social media posts for the purposes of training our staff, continually improving our services and where necessary, providing evidence or verification of transactions or events.
• Contact you. If you communicate with us via the internet, we may contact you by e-mail about our services and products. When you first sign up to Desi Energy, we will give you the opportunity to say whether you would be happy for us to contact you with marketing information.
• If we are asked, we may pass your information on to Ofgem for legal or regulatory purposes
• If we are asked to provide information to the police or law enforcement agencies we will require them to provide a warrant, unless we feel that it is in the best interests of our customers or the public to provide the information without a warrant.
• If we need information from your previous supplier that will allow us to take over your supply, such as information regarding meter readings, meter technical details etc. Similarly, you agree that we can provide information we hold about you (such as information about meter readings and meter technical details) to your new supplier so they can begin supplying your gas and electricity.
• If we need to pass on personal data to your electricity or gas distributor or network operator for the purposes of providing you with energy or related services and when we are required to do so.
• Priority Service Register and Special Needs Conditions: if we believe that you (or a member of your household) need extra care (for example, because of your age, health, disability or financial circumstances), we may record and share this information. We will use this information so that we do not disrupt your supply. We may share your information with:
We follow strict security procedures to protect your personal information. This includes following specific guidelines for example confirming your identity when you call us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a piece of information stored in a small file which is sent to and from web pages. They can be used to identify that you've visited websites before and some will be stored on your computer by your web browser. They are anonymous, so they don't store any personal information of any kind.
We use both cookies and / or tracking tags to understand how people use our websites and to help us to make your experience of our websites better. Some of them are essential for our websites to work properly.
If you would like more information on how Desi Energy handles your personal data please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org